Ground Bison Burger is popular for many reasons. It's a healthy option, low in fat, calories and cholesterol and high in protein and iron. Bison meat is all natural - bison are raised without hormones, antibiotics and steroids and are minimally handled throughout their lifetime. However, a lot of times, you may not think about using bison in recipes other than bison burgers. So, here's a list to get you started with some great ideas of how to cook ground bison meat.
1. Grilled Bison Pizza Top your next homemade pizza with some ground bison meat to add a rich, meaty flavor to your slice. Or, do one better and try out this recipe for grilled bison pizza. The pizza cooks very quickly and entirely over the grill. It's easy to prepare and assemble and very enjoyable to eat!
2. Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Burgers These just may become one of your favorite ways to top a bison burger once you try this recipe. Mustard, tomato, basil and bison combine in this delicious recipe to create a wonderfully flavorful burger.
3. Bison Won Ton Tacos This little dish is simple and fun to make and makes a perfect snack or party food. Serve it with garden fresh salsa and guacamole and everyone will be coming back for more! These little cups are a perfect way to showcase the sweet flavor of bison!
4. Nebraska Bison Stuffers Nebraska Bison Stuffers make for a wonderful fall and winter dinner. While they do take a fair chunk of time and effort to make, this dish is worth it, once it's time to sit down and eat. As the recipe can make quite a few, these are also great to freeze and re-heat later.
5. Broccoli & Bison Won Ton Cups Like the Bison Won Ton Tacos, this dish is also great for snacks, party food and appetizers. It might also be a great way to get the kids to eat some broccoli! Super easy to make, these Broccoli & Bison Won Ton Cups make a great little dish!
6. Stuffed Bison Peppers Stuffed Peppers can be a great and easy dish to serve up anytime of the year - and this recipe features delicious bison meat as the main attractions!
7. Bison Burger with Spinach and Chipotle Mayo Another wonderful bison burger recipe - this time featuring a healthy dose of spiciness alongside some of that superfood spinach that we should all be adding to our diets! This burger lets the bison flavor shine through with the help from a wonderful supporting cast of sauce and toppings!
8. Rustic Bison Chili You can't put together a list of great ground bison recipes without a chili recipe. This chili boasts lean bison meat packed together in a bowl of hearty deliciousness - a cure for the wintertime blues, for sure!
9. Bison Enchiladas This recipe is a Pinterest favorite! Also - it's very easy to make and makes a wonderful mealtime when served with rice, garden fresh guacamole and salsa and lettuce. These enchiladas are saucy and cheesy.
10. Porcupine Bison Meatballs Another great, hearty recipe for fall and winter, porcupine meatballs are sure to leave you satisfied. This is another dish that makes leftovers almost as good as the original.
11. Bison Lasagna If you like your bison served on the Italian side, this Bison Lasagna may be for you!
12. BBQ Bison Cocktail Meatballs BBQ Cocktail Meatballs are perfect for parties. Make them ahead of time, then put them on the slow cooker, and that's one dish that is ready to go. These BBQ Meatballs are sure to be a hit with their sweet, bison flavor.
View even more recipes for Ground Bison here.
How do you like to cook ground bison meat? Have you tried any of the above recipes?