1. Bison meat is low in fat. In a 3.5 oz. serving of cooked meat you will find just 2.42 g. of fat. (Source: National Bison Association)
2. However, in that same serving of bison, you will find 28.44 g. of protein! (Source: National Bison Association)
3. Bison can be cooked in all the same ways as beef, but the key is LOW and SLOW. Due to its incredible leanness, bison will cook much faster.
4. You shouldn't cook bison past medium doneness. Medium or medium rare is best. If you cook it to well done, your bison meat will be tough and chewy rather than tender and juicy.
5. Bison are raised responsibly–without the use of st…